How do I upgrade to the lastest release of Patchwork?
When a new stable version of Patchwork is released, you'll be notified in a banner announcement when you launch Patchwork.
To upgrade to the newest stable version:
- Click on the banner notification. This will take you to the github page for the newest Patchwork versions.
- Download the correct version for your operating system.
- If it did not happen automatically, go ahead and close Patchwork. Some users report this was not necessary, others reported that not closing it during the upgrade process caused snags.
- When the downloaded
.exefile finishes downloading it, go ahead and launch it with the methods required by your operating system. For example, on a Windows machine, you would simply double click the file to begin the process.
- When the installation is complete, re-launch Patchwork. It may take several minutes for the new version to reindex the entries the first time you use it.
Provided by @zach:
"If someone wanted to use the pre-release version of patchwork, they would go to the github releases page, and click the download link within the 'pre-release' section for whichever operating system they're using."
- Personal experience and answers from @zach.